Kelvin Nanotechnology (KNT) is an internationally recognised provider of Advanced Photonics and Quantum Components. Taking pride in providing customers with consistent, cost and time effective delivery. Process Innovation, Quality, Customer Service and attention to detail has led us to achieve qualified partner status for multiple international supply chains and growth at double digit rate for multiple years. We have built up an extensive global blue-chip customer base and provided services for 170 companies in 23 countries in three years.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute significantly to the delivery of Kelvin Nanotechnology (KNT) contracts using their in-depth knowledge and problem-solving ability in the areas of process design lithography, pattern transfer, and metrology. The successful candidate will take responsibility for processing material through complex processes with sufficient care, skill and attention to detail in order to maximise yield and quality. Travelling in the UK, Europe and elsewhere may be required.
Main duties and Responsibilities
As a Nanofabrication Engineer, your main duties and responsibilities are to perform the following activities in conjunction with other KNT staff members:
- Design, plan, run, monitor and document process flows through the cleanroom.
- Analyse processing results using a wide range of metrology techniques in order to check quality and diagnose problems.
- Understand and work within KNT’s quality management system (QMS).
- Monitor product performance to identify non-conformance.
- Implement corrective action and improvements.
- Liaise with cleanroom staff in a collaborative way to communicate KNT process requirements.
- Engage with external suppliers to procure appropriate materials, equipment and services for delivering contracts.
- Generate concise and clear customer reports detailing specifications, process and inspection results.
- Contribute constructively to solving engineering problems.
- Work both closely with other KNT team members, and individually with light supervision required.
- Present work at internal meetings with clearly explained information.
- Engage in personal, professional and career development, to enhance both specialist and transferable skills in accordance with desired career trajectory.
- Undertake any other duties of equivalent standing as assigned by the KNT Executive Team.
- These key tasks are not intended to be exhaustive but simply highlight a number of major tasks which the staff member may reasonably expect to perform.
Qualifications & Experience
- Honours Degree in science or engineering or equivalent industrial experience
- Demonstrable practical experience of:
- Micro or nanofabrication
- Semiconductor processing
- Lithographic patterning & pattern transfer
- Delivering scientific or engineering outputs in a timely and efficient manner
- Masters degree or PhD in science or engineering
- Experience in an R&D cleanroom
- Experience in an industrial cleanroom
- Experience of advance microscopy techniques (SEM/AFM/Spectroscopy)
- Working knowledge of a QMS like ISO9001
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), including presentations and ability to communicate complex data/concepts clearly and concisely
- Excellent interpersonal skills including team working
- Appropriate workload/time management skills
- Extensive IT and data analysis/interpretation skills as appropriate
- Self-motivation, initiative and independent thought/working
- Problem solving skills including a flexible and pragmatic approach
- QMS auditor trained
- Expertise in reactive ion etching (RIE)
- Expertise in electron beam lithography
- Expertise in CAD software packages
Terms and Conditions
- £ 24,000 to £ 40,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
- Full time
- Contributory Career Average Pension scheme
- New employees will serve a 6-month probationary period
Please apply through Indeed
The closing date is Friday 28th February at 5pm.